Carter’s Kids Foundation offers Entrepreneurial Camps designed to teach students the ins and outs of entrepreneurship. Our Entrepreneurial Camps allow foster youth, who statistically have difficulty retaining gainful employment, an opportunity to learn directly the skills required to succeed as an entrepreneur. The end goal of our Entrepreneurial Camps is to inspire and empower participants to take control their own financial destinies.
Carter’s Kids Foundation Entrepreneurial Camp Curriculum Highlights:
- Study entrepreneurial basics, develop and raise money to finance a feasible business plan, carry that plan out through execution.
- Undertake “Networking 101” by engaging with successful entrepreneurs.
- Receive support and guidance working through the unique challenges of entrepreneurship.
- Parlay productive ideas into internships, college admissions, or funding to continue to pursue their business endeavors.
- Interact with motivated peers in fun business/entrepreneurial oriented activities.
- Be taught by experienced professors, business professionals, and other small business owners.
- Upon completion of the program, Carter’s Kids will have a working knowledge of the requirements, challenges, and benefits of entrepreneurial ventures. The long-term goal of the program is to equip graduates with the skills needed to succeed even in the face of high unemployment and the self-sufficiency and desire to continue their education at the high school or collegiate level.